- Headlamp - Capable of lighting up rough ground in complete darkness. Be aware that if you take the full 24 hours you will have 13 hours of darkness. Make sure your battery will last for the duration (Spare batteries are advisable.)
- Luminous Clothing i.e. hi-vis vests, fluorescent armbands or reflective belts.
- LED Red Flashing Light (Visible Back of Bike)
- LED White Light (Front of Bike)
- Bicycle Repair Kit
- Bicycle Pump
- Spare Bicycle Tube
- Bicycle Helmet
- Survival Blanket
- Whistle — must be worn at all times during all legs (including kayaking leg)
- Mobile Phone capable of holding a charge for 24 hours
- Waterproof Jacket
- Waterproof Pants
- Thermal Trousers
- Thermal Top
- Water Bottles or Hydration Pack (Minimum Size: 2 Litres)
* Competitors will be allowed to leave food in their bags at bag drop locations. Competitors are required to have sufficient food for the duration of the event.
Upon arrival for The Race briefing all competitors will have a mandatory equipment check to ensure they have all items on the compulsory equipment list.
This is a compulsory list. If you have any questions on discretionary equipment please email your question to